Friday, February 24, 2012

A Conversation about Babies

Katie is somewhat obsessed with babies. And being a mama. She is watching a kid's show and they are talking about naming the new baby. Here is our conversation:

Katie: I have a baby in my tummy. I have three babies in my tummy!
Me: Really?
Katie: Yeah. And they are going to come out soon.
Me: How are they going to come out?
Katie: Um, they are going to come out of my tummy and my dress. They will climb out or maybe just slide out.
Me: (trying really, really hard not to laugh) That's great! Do you remember when Jacob was born?
Katie: Yeah. When I have my babies, I'll cry a little bit.

Pause to do some stuff and get Jacob out of bed

Katie: Mommy, the babies are giggling in my tummy! They are glued to the sides of my tummy so they don't move around.

Now her friend 'girl' is having pretend babies, though it seems Katie is carrying them. OK, now I'm laughing too much to keep typing.

No comments:

Post a Comment