Thursday, March 29, 2012

The Bare Beginnings of Spring

I know I can't complain because it truly has been a mild winter and we've been able to spend most days outside playing...but I still itch for Spring! We have been getting little teases of it already with warm days scattered here and there, the snow has melted and in protected areas, the tulips are starting to push up (I know, right? Crazy in March in Saskatchewan!)

We have made the most of it and are getting in some puddle splashing time while the puddles still exist. Katie, of course, is a nut for puddles. Jacob has quickly clued in that this looks like fun and does his own little foot stomping in every puddle he can find. He has also managed a few belly flops! I took them over to the regional park last week because I knew it would be very muddy and puddle-y and they had a grand time.
After his first fall of the day!








Mind you, 'Spring' had to start with a new pair of boots for everyone. Here you get to see them in their shiny new state, before all the mud puddle jumping.

Jacob likes to wear his boots EVERYWHERE! In the house, it's usually one boot only. Strange little guy. It sounds like a peg-legged pirate walking around the house. Here, I caught him doing his favourite 'naughty' thing - going through my pantry and stealing the Pam. I don't know why he likes the Pam so much but it is clearly his target.

No comments:

Post a Comment